My initial dislike for the new iTunes icon led me to discovering this tutorial from OSXDaily. It allows you t to have the new iTunes 10 BUT with the old iTunes 9 icon on your desktop. Just follow these steps:
- Click into your Applications folder and select iTunes
- Right click on the icon and select ‘Show Package Contents’
- Open the ‘Contents’ folder, then open the ‘Resources’ folder
- Find file called ‘iTunes.icns’ and make a copy of it on your desktop for backup purpose
- Replace it with the old iTunes.icns file
- Start or restart iTunes
You can delete the back up image file once your finished and everything is working alright. Unfortunately you will need to do this every you update your iTunes software. This was the reason I eventually forced myself to accept the new impostor!